WanderRoam proudly presents a cultural and networking experience during Summer 2018. Explore Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket on a 7 day adventure as we enjoy the best that Thailand has to offer from the historical temples, rooftop dining, and amazing food.
September 1, 2018 - September 7, 2018
After breakfast with the other members of your group, a driver will pick you up for a day-long tour of the city. You will spend the day visiting the Grand Palace (the former home of the King of Thailand), and two Buddhist temples, Wat Pho (the temple of the reclining Buddha), and Wat Arun.
Rise early to catch a short morning flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, a small city in the north of Thailand. There you will be picked up and taken to the countryside, where you will spend the day walking alongside, bathing, feeding, and playing with beautiful elephants at an elephant sanctuary. At the end of the day, you will be dropped back off at the airport to return to Bangkok, where the rest of the evening is yours to explore Bangkok and its nightlife.
After breakfast, spend the morning leisurely shopping or exploring. In the afternoon, you will return to the airport for a short flight south to the beach town of Phuket. When you settle in, take the rest of the evening to explore the town, go to the beach, or party on the Bourbon Street of Phuket, Bangla Road.
Arise early to be transported to the dock to catch a ferry to Krabi Island, where you will find plenty of shopping and restaurants. During our day on the island, you will take long-boats on a tour of the surrounding islands and make a stop at Monkey Island. After you long-boat tour, you will be returning to Phuket by ferry, where the rest of the evening will be yours to enjoy as you wish.
Start the day at your own pace. Enjoy your final hours in Phuket on the beach or shopping before you depart for Bangkok in the evening. Once you arrive in Bangkok, settle back into the hotel and later rejoin your group mates for a fun evening on Bangkok’s party strip- Kao San Road.
Use this final day to soak up the last bits of Thailand. If you choose to partake in additional excursions, you can have arranged those for you to do on this day. Today is the day to do the last bit of exploring and shopping on your own. That evening, rejoin your fellow group members for one last meal together.
Depart for the airport and say one last goodbye to Thailand and your group mates.
What is included?
- 7 nights in a shared room
- In country transportation
- Temple tours
- Day at an Elephant Sanctuary
- Long Boat Ride
What is NOT included?
- Flights to and from Thailand
- 5 nights in an Aloft hotel in Bangkok
- 2 nights in Lub.D luxury hostel in Phuket
This trip may not be for you if…
- You are afraid of elephants and/or large bodies of water
- You are intolerant of warmer climates
- You are not willing to be open-minded, flexible, and respectful of other cultures
Important things to know
- You may opt to get vaccinations. The CDC recommends that travelers to Thailand receive Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccines, especially if they plan on being adventurous eaters. While these are recommended, they are not mandatory.
- You must arrive in the country on the first day of the trip. Arrival times may vary, but everyone must arrive on the first day, so plan your flights accordingly.
- You will be required to buy travel health insurance. While we don’t anticipate having to use it, in the case of illness or injury, health insurance to cover the cost of your hospital or clinic visit will be needed. Some of the insurance offered by airlines when you buy your plane tickets will include a health insurance component. If this is the case, this insurance will suffice. The cost of international health insurance averages around $15.
YOUR DEPOSIT SECURES YOUR SPOT.
A nonrefundable deposit of $250 reserves your trip to Thailand.
YOU MAY CHOOSE TO PAY IN FULL OR PARTICIPATE IN A PAYMENT PLAN.
Monthly payments are due on the 15th of each month, with the last payment due on the 15th of the month before the trip. Payments will be calculated from the date of the payment of the deposit. All payments are nonrefundable.